Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Travelling via Germany or UK after US visa got expired

Hi,

I have a valid H1 and I-94. But my US Visa is expired. Am planning to travel to india. Some of my colegues are mentioning that i should not travel to india via Germany,France or UK without valid US Visa. Few people are mentioning that I can travel via germany if i have a valid H1 extension and I-94.

Please let me know which is valid information. I really don't understand the logic as why one shouldn't travel via Germany/UK/France without a valid US Visa? because am going to india with a valid passport.

Thanks,
    Madhuri

Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Here's the logic why.
      People from many countries come to Europe and then apply for Refuge or Asylum. By their law, they cannot send the person to his/her country of Citizenship if they are seeking asylum (protection) from the country of citizenship. But they can send him/her back or onward to another country like US for which he/she has a Visa. So if you do so, they cannot send you to India but only back to US. Visa is needed to travel to the Port of Entry in US, so they want to make sure you have a valid US Visa or Transit visa.
      This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X