221g Pink Slip at New Delhi US embassy H1B renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221g Pink Slip at New Delhi US embassy H1B renewal

Went to New Dehli US embassy for H1B renewal.

The VO handed me pink colored form 221g. Asked some document to be emailed to her. She kept my PPT and I-797

I emailed documents next day.

Waiting to hear from them.

Just wanted to check in case anyone else is in the same boat as me. Anyone with 221g pink colored form from New Delhi? How long did the process take?

i received 221g pink slip on 28th dec and i am still waiting . hope it get resolved soon

Comment

Hey Sudhir,

Can you tell me what documents they asked for?

Can you check your case number on the US Embassy website? I am not able to check my case number there. It shows that "we are not able to find case Number ZZZ"!

Comment

I am having the same problem today. Looks like website is down.

I submitted my documets like resume , itinerary, research work, offer letter by email.

What documents they asked from you ?

Comment

Same with me.

I was here for H1B renewal. They asked me to send resume, research summary, employment letter, itinerary and travel details. I email them those docs.

I am getting the error message " We are unable to identify the Case Number: YYYY XX" since yesterday morning. It is so confusing that the case number is not identified. I called VFS yesterday and they mentioned the website is under maintenance and he said it will be rectified by Monday midnight. Its still showing the same error. I called them today as well....just to hear that they don't know!

What visa category did you apply for? Did they keep your passport and I-797?

Comment

Third 221 g - Pink

I went for H1B visa renewal on Jan 17th (New Delhi US embassy).

I work in the mineral and mining sector. I was told by VO that my visa has been approved but need some admin processing. I was given 221 g (pink) at counter number 30. Embassy kept my passport, I-797A and DS 160 confirmation form.

This is my "THIRD" 221 g. Phew...

The first 221 g was yellow which i received in 2007. It took 4 days to have that clear.

The second 221 g was pink which i received in 2010. It took 16 days to have that clear.

This is my third one. The visa from 2010 is still valid. I am wondering if i can get my passport back from embassy and go back to US and come back once then ask me to.

As always confused...

Comment

Probably i should add more here -

There is no change in my immigration status since i received my H1B visa (2nd H1B visa) in 2010. I am still working for the same employer.

The 221 g i got this time asked for the same documents which they asked in 2010 - 221 g.

For last two days i am unable to check my status on us embassy web page. It says -

We were not able to identify Case # ***-**-* Please make sure you have entered your case number correctly.

However, if i check my status on vfs passport tracking, it says -

Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate.

I am in US for last 8 years.

Thanks

Comment

So it seems that all three of us who received pink slips from Delhi embassy are getting the "Case Number not able to identify" error.

I was quite confused to see this error yesterday. On the top, VFS guys had no specific answer the this error. But since you all are getting the same error message, there seems to be an issue with the website.

Anyways, just wait and hope for the best.

Comment

221g pink slip issued @ Delhi

I went for my H-1 visa stamping in Delhi on Jan 4, 2012, and was issued pink slip. After completing my Masters in US, I started working for a Biotech company, and that might have triggered the TAL.

The pink slip issued had receipt number 2014xxx-xxx-x. When I check the status online, it says case not found. I suspect the receipt number issued is wrong, and my attorney also said that it should begin with year i.e. 2012xxx-xxx-x.

Can you guys please confirm if your receipt numbers start with the year of issue or not.

If the receipt number issued is indeed wrong, then it would suck big time as that means I lost 3 important weeks because of a careless worker who didn't know how to write down the correct number on the pink slip.

Interview Date: Jan 4, 2012
                  Documents submitted: Jan 5, 2012
                  Current Status: Suspect receipt number is wrong. Case not found when entering receipt number, while VFS site says passport under processing.

Comment

The 221 g i got in 2010 started with 2010. And the 221 g i got in 2012 starts with 2012.

You can contact vfs customer center. And i am pretty sure that they will help you out.

Originally posted by sfo View Post
                    I went for my H-1 visa stamping in Delhi on Jan 4, 2012, and was issued pink slip. After completing my Masters in US, I started working for a Biotech company, and that might have triggered the TAL.

The pink slip issued had receipt number 2014xxx-xxx-x. When I check the status online, it says case not found. I suspect the receipt number issued is wrong, and my attorney also said that it should begin with year i.e. 2012xxx-xxx-x.

Can you guys please confirm if your receipt numbers start with the year of issue or not.

If the receipt number issued is indeed wrong, then it would suck big time as that means I lost 3 important weeks because of a careless worker who didn't know how to write down the correct number on the pink slip.

Interview Date: Jan 4, 2012
                    Documents submitted: Jan 5, 2012
                    Current Status: Suspect receipt number is wrong. Case not found when entering receipt number, while VFS site says passport under processing.

Comment

My 221g Case Number starts with 2012.

Comment

@ Rahul_Omega,

Which day you had your interview?

Originally posted by rahul_omega View Post
                        My 221g Case Number starts with 2012.

Comment

My interview was on 17th Jan 2012.

Comment

@ Rahul and sudhir,

Could you please tell me your work field? Is it IT?

I finished my master in 2006 in chemical engineering. And i am working as a process engineer in metal and mining sector.

Thanks

Originally posted by rahul_omega View Post
                            My interview was on 17th Jan 2012.

Comment

I am in the same situation. My visa interview was on 20th of Jan (New Delhi), Got a Pink Slip 221g form. Was aksed to email documents which I did on the 24th of Jan. Still waiting to hear back... I am not able to check my case no. online.. Keeps giving me an "error mesage case no. not found"
                              Please update your status those of you who receive your passoport back with your visas. My passport and I-797 was kept at the embassy!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X