OPT - Moving from contract position to full time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT - Moving from contract position to full time

So I am on post completion OPT (1st year, will be applying for STEM extension next month). Started working last year in a contract position (with end date of 15th May). My employer told me that I will be getting a full time offer but it will be delayed due to approvals etc. So on 15th May, I got offered a 2 week extension on the contract. So I informed the International students office about the 2 week extension to contract and also asked that the previous I-20 does not have an end date, they said that this will not be a problem. The I-20 (received after starting the contract position last year) does not have an end date and the SEVP portal does not have an end date either.

They said I will be issued a new I-20 for the contract extension. And, now I have received a full time offer (starting on 27th May).

My question/concern is the missing end date on I-20/SEVP portal ok? The international students office said it is fine.
    Also, I will be informing ISSO about the full time offer, because it is a change in employment. Even though I have been employed by the same company. Is this correct?

I am a little concerned because I need to start preparing the application for STEM extension and hopefully all these changes will not cause any issues.
    Thank you for the help.
    Last edited by the_frozen_one; 05-29-2019, 03:45 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X