Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My kids N-600K citizenship ceremony got cancelled last minute.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My kids N-600K citizenship ceremony got cancelled last minute.

We have applied for our 2 kids N600K form (Grand Parent as a petitioner) last year in July 2018 because we live overseas and my wife doesn't meet the requirement to apply my kids citizenship on her basis.

Our status got updated in late Jan to "In line for scheduling interview".

My father in law (kids grandfather living in the US) received a letter 3 days ago saying San Fran Local office has scheduled a Citizenship Ceremony on 29th of April 2019 which was ridiculous because we are living overseas and they gave us only 4 days notice to show-up to the US. Letter was send on 19th of April received on 24th of April.

The second part which is confusing in that letter, USCIS asking for kids Green Card. People who are applying for n600k form don't require to show green card because they are claiming citizenship through Grandparents with section 322 but letter stats that we must bring their green card.

The third part which through us off completely is that they cancelled appointment yesterday on 25th of April by sending an email "Your ceremony has been cancelled on the date above, please disregard the letter I mailed both of you and do not come to USCIS on that date. You will be scheduled at a later date." Although, you guys might think we are lucky which we do feel but I think if they will do it again the same thing and this if we will book our tickets and they will cancel the ceremony.

Things, I have done so far to get my head around this mess:
    1. Checked the online status of the case which still states "In line for scheduling interview"
    2. Called USCIS and asked for an explanation what is going on and basically got no decent reply, First they were not even aware that a ceremony was scheduled then they said you will be scheduled and you will have to show-up on that date regardless where you are coming from.
    3. Emailed back San Fran local office but no reply.
    My wild guess is USCIS Local office got confused between N-600 and N600K forms or mistakenly processed our form as N600 form and realised after few days and cancelled the appointment

Has anyone faced this situation ever? if yes then what steps you took? and if no then what do you guys suggest?

Thanks for reading this post. Any help would be great.
    Last edited by vikasbhu; 04-26-2019, 12:01 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X