Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

American moving to Sweden. or Swedish citizen moving to America.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• American moving to Sweden. or Swedish citizen moving to America.

Hello, I am a 25 year old female, my boyfriend is also 25. I am an American citizen and he is a Swedish citizen. We are trying to make the jump to moving in together and get married, and while we have done research on both, I'm looking for further and more detailed advice!

We know about the fiancé visa, but we have also read a lot of horror stories about people being denied for what seems like silly reasons (not having any photos with other people, only each other, or not having enough proof when it seems like they do). We have known each other for about five years, met online, and have visited a few times, and we are continuing to do so. We have also kept receipts and itineraries of everything we have done together or bought each other and we have proof of talking over Skype sknce we met and have proof of constant contact and talking every day. We have photos together, have met each other's families, and have photos with them.

We just want to make this entire process as easy as possible and cover all our bases we HAVE NOT begun the application process for a few reasons. I have been between jobs and I'm a full time student, so I haven't currently. Made enough to be his sponsor. We are working on that now, as I have a new job. Also want to make sure he has money saved to help with the move and the wait until he has a job. He speaks fluent English.

So my main questions are
    1) is this interview going to be that scary? I know the internet is where'd the bad stories go, but I am a worry wart.
    2) how difficult is it to change their minds or the decision if we are declined?
    3) would it help to go to his interview with him? I've heard that they sometimes feel like it makes us more of a couple.
    4) what's the difference between us just going to Sweden and getting married then applying for a green card and doing it all via fiancé visa?
    5) would it look good of bad to them if I went and lived in Sweden for a few years and then we applied for a green card for him to move to america?

And that brings me to my next set of questions (not sure if this is the right place for these!) I've read up on moving to Sweden as well, and it sounds like I can apply online for a residence visa to live with my boyfriend with intent to marry (which we do). He has an apartment and a stable job. I would plan on staying there, taking some language courses, and eventually getting married and applying for his GC for america. Would this work?

Sorry this was so long, and I apologize if any of it was unclear. Thank you!!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X