X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K2 Follow to Join

Hi all,

K1/K2 help

I need some advice as I am confused as to which option to tick for my 14 year old daughter.

She does wish to come to the United States with me but is currently unable to pass a medical examination, though hopefully this wont be a problem once all her issues have been dealt with and her GP can write as such. She recently moved to live with her father so now no longer resides with me as stated on the original I-129F application (is this a problem also?), he has no issue with gathering any documentation which she might require for this move.

The Embassy we will be going through is London UK

If she did have the medical now and didnt pass it would my visa get denied at the same time or just hers (I have no medical issues that i know of or any other reason to think our application would be unsuccesful), if just hers gets denied would she then be under the 6 month rule for proving her health and moving to the states?

Could someone advise if i tick the follow to join option (does this give her 12 months?) will she still be required to have her medical at the same time as myself, (as we know she cant pass this just yet) and what other hurdles might pose a problem to us with using this option.

Would we be better to just wait until she is able to pass the medical and then file an I-130? or different? for her, if this is even possible and would anyone know the time lines this might follow?

Any help much appreciated
    Last edited by MB33; 12-18-2011, 02:44 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X