Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re : H1B and H4 Stamping Experience (221 g White Slip ) ....Please help

Hi ,
    I attended to visa interview this morning in Hyderabad Consulate . My slot was booked at 8:30 am and i reached consulate by 8 :00 am . I went inside after all verification's of my documents and make sure to not bring cell phones to the consulate as there will be no lockers provided by the consulate like in Chennai .
    I reached inside the consulate and got a token and the wait time for me is almost an hour . Finally my turn has came and i went to counter no 15 . The Visa Officer is an young guy and he greeted us (Me and My wife )

Vo : Good Morning

Me : Good moring sir how are you

Vo : Good . (He scanned my DS 160 form and had a look at it for a minute and asked me to pass all my documents and i passed all the documents like LCA, I129 , PO , SOW , Contractor Agreement with Client , My Employer invitation letter and Client verification letter Provided by my Employer )

Vo : So , you are going to work for this company YYYY ZZZ

Me : Yes Sir

Vo : Is this a new offer

Me : Yes

Vo : Are you working now ?

Me : No Sir .

Vo : Who is your Client ?

Me : YYYY XX

Vo : which project are you going to work for the client ?

Me : Said about my Project

Vo : Where are going to work ?

Me : At my Employer's office

Vo : I think you have H1b before ?

Me : Yes , i do have with my previous company YYYY ZZZ

Vo : What happened to the previous 221(g) ?( I had a 221g with my old employer and i didn't answer that)

Me : After the visa interview i had an health emergency where i need to take couple of months bed rest and the client is not willing to continue with my contract . Hence there is no Client i didn't submit my documents for my previous 221 (g)

VO : How did you know about this company ?

Me : I posted my resume in Job Portal and they approached me as my Skill-set exactly matches with the requirement and i had been through couple of technical interviews and finally i got an offer

Vo : Where is this company located ?

Me : City YYYY X , State YYYYY

Vo : What is your highest degree of qualification ?

Me : Masters in Computer Science

Vo : Where did you finish your masters ?

Me : From YYYY XX University

Vo : what is your salary for this position ?

Me : YYYY X dollars per year

The visa officer checked each and every document that i provided to him . He gave me a white slip with additional administrative processing check-box checked in the white slip . He told me that i will receive an email with in an week from the consulate and please submit your passports after that .He retained my I797 , Purchase order , Contract agreement between client and employer , employer invitation letter and employer client verification letter and gave the rest of the documents to me .

This is my experience and Can any one please let me know who are in the same boat and how long it will take for this additional administrative processing ?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X