RFE response Vs H1 Amendment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RFE response Vs H1 Amendment

I am currently working in the US in L1B. I filed a H1-B last year June 2012 under quota. I got an RFE in October 2012. My employer is responding to the RFE with a client letter tomorrow. The client's work location is going to be Atlanta. However, he also said they need to file an H1 amendment because the initial petition was filed in a different state (California). I asked my employer to do the response to RFE in premium but he is scared of denials. However, he says he will do the H1 amendment in premium.

Here are the questions:

1. If the H1 Amendment case gets approved, does it mean my H1B petition is approved and I start working in H1? Or should I wait for the response to RFE to get approved?
    2. If the H1 amendment case gets approved, what will happen to the response to the RFE?

Another general question, once my status gets converted to H1 from L1, should I immediately start working on H1? Or can I start after 2 weeks? I need to give proper notice period to my existing client to whom I work on L1.

Please let me know.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X