Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 - Change of Status

Hi,

I was on L and got my H approved in June, 2012. I did not want to move to H and hence travelled to India and entered US in October,2012 on L.
    December I got a offer and decided to move back to H as my L was about to expire on December 2012. My H employer filed form I 129 on 19th December 2012.
    I resigned from my L company on 31st and did stayed back in US with my family. My L visa expired on 31st December, 2012.

We filed the I 129 in premium and USCIS received it on 19th. On 2nd January,2013 received RFE and a message stating the premium processing has stopped.
    My employer said they responded to the RFE on 14th of January and again on 26th said the USCIS is still asking for more documents like W2 and tax returns for the previous years.
    My guess the attorney respondedeither on 31st or 1st of Feb. So far I have not received any updates so is my attorney or employer.
    My case status has never changed since 2nd January and the status still says Initial review :-s.

Where this leaves me?
    I am working and my employer is billing me for the hours. But they have not started my payroll as they have not filed the I-9.
    My wife was on L2 and what status is she now? My employer is telling she is good.
    Can she travel to India now and once approved get her H4 stamped in consulate and travel back?

Thanks in advance!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X