Messy Situation - H1-B stamping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messy Situation - H1-B stamping

A week ago I went to the Matamoros, Mexico US consulate to what apperared to be a simple renewal H1-B visa stamping (I had changed employers and needed to travel thus the need for a visa stamped on my passaport). During the interview I was asked if I had been arrested before to which question I answered "no" (I had marked "no" on all questions in the application form) - the officer told me that I was lying and that I better do so memory.........inmediatly I recalled a fatefull day 3 years ago when I was booked on "domestic violence" (were arguing with wife and neighbors called the cops) my wife did not press charges and a month later in court the case was dismissed. As I have "selective" memory, I forgot all about this incident (honestly!!!!) and was given a 221 (g) pending FBI FP verification. I was told that since I had a valid B1/B2 tourist visa I could re-enter the US (where I am now stablished since 2001). I am now home and I am waiting for the FBI to send them my "rap sheet". The question is this: Is the consulate more worried about me "lying" in the application form?? How can I justify that I simply forgot about the arrest??? When they get reply from FBI, will this say that the case was "dropped" as it really was and would I then get my Visa?? is the fact that I have re-entered the US with a tourist visa going to hurt me down the road to green card?? Please advise and let me know how else I can get ready for going back to Mexico after they call me up.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X