No announcement yet.

Urgent: Question regarding Status on 1st Oct when H4 and H1 become effective

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent: Question regarding Status on 1st Oct when H4 and H1 become effective

Hello,

I am on L1B visa valid till mid Septemeber 2013 from Company A . My I-94 is valid till 2016. My wife is working on EAD(L2 dependent). Company B filed for my H1B and H4 for my wife and it has been approved. Company A also filed H1b for me and it has RFE. Meanwhile, my wife also has got ger H1B approved from Company C.

Questions:

1) On Oct 1st, my H1B with Company B will become valid and so will my wife's H4 filed by company B. My wife's H1B filed by Company C also becomes valid on that date. My wife's H1B was filed under premium processing and was approved before my H1B application and her H4 application. Does this mean she will be on H4 status on 1st Oct?

2) In case she is on H4 status on 1st Oct, can we do something now i.e. before 1st Oct so that her status changes to H1B on 1st Oct? Can it be expedited so that we can get this resolved before 1st Oct and my wife can continue to work?

3) My status will automatically change to H1b with Company B on 1st Oct. What happens when Company A's H1b petition gets approved?

Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X