Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding Dependant H4 Visa related

Hello All,

My previous organization had initiated my H1B visa in Feb 2012 which got approved in May 2012 and I got stamping done on my passport along with my family (they got H4). So the stamped visa on my passport is valid till July 2014. Same stamp and validity is there for my dependents as well.

I left the same organization in July 2012 without entering to US on that visa ( I never been to US before as well). e
    In January 2013, another organization initiated my visa transfer of old H1B. This transfer is done successfully and I got new I797 petition from new company.

Based on above details, I have got 2 questions:

1) I am planning to travel to US in next few days with old organization stamped visa and new approved I797 ? This is because my visa stamp validity date is July 2014 (even though name is of previous company).

Can someone guide me if there can be any issue at POE ? What type of documents or questions I can expect at POE ?

2) Is there any separate I797 required for my dependents ? Can they also enter to US along with me with same old stamp and my new company I797 ? Or do they need to fill any online form before flaying ?

Appreciate your valuable guidance in this regard as I am very much new to all this process.

Regards,
    Ashok

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X