Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B - Divorce - wife run away to US

Hi

My divorce case is in process for last 3 years in court in India. My wife after dragging the case intentionally for 3 years, two months back gone to US under H1B visa. Only her Lawyer and her father are attending the case proceedings and keep dragging the proceedings by saying her Employer has forced her to go to US and she dont have money to come back. Also she is saying her employer is paying only equivalent of 30000 INR only in US and needs money from me to manage her expenses in US. ( thats not the fact, she is working in IT and earning good salary). I have the legal petition filed by lawyer in court stating above.

My questions,
    1. Is it legal / possible to travel to US on H1B when a divorce case is pending in court.
    2. Is there any way I can lodge a complaint in US consulate to bring her back to attend the court proceedings.
    3. Should I send the petition filed by her lawyer to US consulate in India as the salary she specified is well below minimum wage in US for her work as per H1B.

Please reply.
    Last edited by Raju220a; 12-29-2013, 03:32 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X