H1 Transfer Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Transfer Question

Initially I had my first H1 B valid till Nov 2013. But I had been to India in Feb 2012 for stamping and got stuck. And I was back to US on H4 visa in Oct 2012.
    After coming to US then I came to know that my H1 was approved. But I could not do anything, as I am back.

To transfer back to H1 from H4 I should have a job. So I applied for jobs based on the I794 ( as it was good till Nov 2013). And I got placed in Dec 2012. And in February I legally got my h1 and this is good till 2014. Transfer took time, I had a RFE for client letter.. And finally it took 2 months to get approved.

So being on h4 I worked for 2 months (though my employer did not run the pay checks for those 2 months).

Now the comany offered me full time job. So I am worried will there be a problem transferring my h1 to the company and as well as for the GC processing. As the companies attorny is asking me all my passport, h1, etc etc copies.. all the things related to the visa. What should I tell them, for my 2 months working on h4 ? And will there be any problems in the future ?

Thanks,
    Madhu

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X