Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa to F1 Visa

hi All,

Usually in forums I have found how to change from F1 Student Visa to H1B Visa, but I have a question just opposite to it.

I am currently in US on H1B Visa and working for an IT Company. I have a degree in 'Bachelors of Engineering' and overall I have a 3.5 years of experience in IT industry. Honestly I am not completely satisfied with nature of my work, so I have this thrust to do Masters and continue my studies further.

I already have H1B Visa and also I know, if I quit my job and go back to University(in US), I have to change my visa status to student Visa.

So my questions comes here -

1. After completing my studies, I have a confidence that I will find myself a Job. So at that time, my new employer can use this current H1B petition ?? Or else my new employer needs to apply for a fresh new petition?

2. If the case is to apply for a fresh new petition, then will it affect my chance while USCIS approving it?? ( My worries is, I may not complete my six year term on first H1B Visa, so will it affect my chances with second petition?? )

Any other advice?

Thanks in advance!!

Hoping to see some good response.

-
    BluSky
    Last edited by BluSky126; 01-14-2014, 11:29 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X