Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B revoked after applying for CR1. What to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B revoked after applying for CR1. What to do?

Hello,

i've been searching for an answer to my question but haven't found anything, I apologize if this was covered in a previous thread. Here goes:

My Spanish fiance is currently employed as a teacher on an H1B visa that expires in September of 2015. We are planning to get married in April of this year, and then immediately apply for an adjustment of status to get him a green card, which I've heard takes 4-6 months. The problem is that the Spanish-language charter school he teaches at just went through a power struggle at the top, and the director who hired my fiance was ousted by the board. The woman who assumed the directorship is in favor of having more native English speakers rather than native Spanish speakers, and the rumor going around is that many of the foreign workers will be laid off in early June immediately after the school year ends.

What would our best course of action be in this situation? What happens if someone's H1B is revoked a month after applying for an AoS and green card? If he can't find another sponsor within 30-60 days, would he have to go back to Spain until the AoS is approved? Or would he be in some kind of legal limbo where he could stay here but not work until he receives his green card? Should we consider getting married right away so that we're further along in the application process when the H1B is revoked?

Any advice would be appreciated, we're both starting to get really worried about this.

Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X