multiple h1b and delay in start date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple h1b and delay in start date

I recently got laid off from company A (on Jan 31st) and right before the end date, I accepted a position with company B. While company B started premium processing my H1B, I received an offer from company C. Now I am very interested in company C's offer and would like to accept it. Company B is getting ready to complete filing for H1B, since the LCA was approved, just yesterday.

I know I should let company B know that I am interested in accepting another offer but I am worried that if they stop the transfer process and things do not work out ok with company C after all (it may take 3-4 weeks for them to process everything, given if I accepted their offer this week), then I will be out of status soon. If everything goes ok with company B, then I am scheduled to start next week on the 18th.

Any suggestion as to what the best route is in this situation should be? Should I start working for company B and then wait for things to all work out with company C? Is it possible to have an approved H1B from company B and make them wait (meaning push the start date out in the future?) and see how things pan out with company C first. Please help! Any valid suggestion would be greatly appreciated. No frightening replies please, only valid and sensible replies.

Thanks!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X