X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 question on - refused admission to the United States

Background
    =====
    In August 2012, I and my spouse, went to Ottawa Canada for Visa interview.
    Interview was on a Monday and our passports were in Embassy for few days of processing.

Next day we planned to drive to Toronto Canada for sightseeing (Niagara Falls from Canada Side).
    But by mistake as were following GPS, it took some shortest route (between Ottawa to Toronto) and reached at USA Port of Entry on road (US Customs Services near Ogdensburg, NY).

We realized that we took wrong route and explained to the officer. We had driving license and our records were checked and we were asked to return to Canada with a refusal of entry letter. We followed the different route after that as directed.

Later received stamped Visa on our passports after 4 days and flew from Ottawa to New York, USA.
    Even later in the year had India trip and there were no issues.

Question
    =======
    Now I am going to have Visa stamping in India and in DS-160, there is a question -
    Have you ever been refused a US Visa, or been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?

1. Should I say 'Yes' and put in Explanation text box with the details or shall I say 'No' as they never asked in later port of entries?

If I say YES, won't it take for delayed processing for further screening?
    Also I don't have any proof of the incident. Neither in my passport nor was given any letter.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X