Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving/Resigning job while on OPT Extension with H1-B approved.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving/Resigning job while on OPT Extension with H1-B approved.

Hello. My first post on this forum. I am an F1 student. My OPT extension expires in July this year. I got my H1-B approved which starts on Oct 1 this year, thankfully. I applied through premium and got the approval email like a month back in April .
    I have been meaning to move out from my present job since like a year because I am unhappy. But just got lazy and concerned as to where I will find another H1-b sponsor/ will they sponsor me.(I know, my bad, but I hope atleast 1 or 2 people understand how it will be to move when you think you can work in that same place.I was very confused last year.). So my H1-B does not start until october. I want to resign this job and look for another one. (I know one should look for a job while working and then quit, but this job is taking a toll on me and I am getting seriously under-confident everyday in this job.)I heard there are 90 days before you can/should find a job on opt extension. Does that still apply to me as well? Since I got my H1-B approved?
    I am really unhappy in this job. My employer spent quite a lot of money for the Visa fees. He is bringing that up almost every time I make a mistake these days. He says like this. "I spent a lot of money for the attorney fees for your visa for you to stay in this country. Can you not do this simple task? Can you not do that simple task?". Every time, atleast 2/3 times a week. It is frustrating. Ever since the VISA all he talks these days is money he is spending on me. Every time. It is driving me nuts and am getting crazy depressed. What are my options? I have not signed a bond or anything with the employer. I desperately want to move out of this company and place. I am little worried he might take some action if I leave now. Like "cancel" my H1-B or court action, although I am on my F1 Opt extension currently? Can they do that? I dont know. Can you tell me? Help me out people. If this is not the correct place for this sort of questions, kindly direct me to correct place. If you need some details, let me know. Thanks.
    Last edited by chandran1225; 05-17-2014, 10:01 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X