Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Query on H1B extension - My H1B is going to be expired on 1st October 2014

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Query on H1B extension - My H1B is going to be expired on 1st October 2014

    Hi,

    I came to US in July 2014. My H1B expiry and I94 expiry date is Oct 1st 2014. I have initiated request to my employer for extension in the 1st week of August. My employer is waiting for LCA from management to file my extension application. My LCA will be available in the first week of September.

    Please let me know the remaining short period (approx 1 month or less than that) will be sufficient to file extension? How many days before my employer should file the extension application.


    Thanks,
    Naidu
    Last edited by veeru505; 08-26-2014, 12:01 AM.

  • #2
    Originally posted by veeru505 View Post
    Hi,

    I came to US in July 2014. My H1B expiry and I94 expiry date is Oct 1st 2014. I have initiated request to my employer for extension in the 1st week of August. My employer is waiting for LCA from management to file my extension application. My LCA will be available in the first week of September.

    Please let me know the remaining short period (approx 1 month or less than that) will be sufficient to file extension? How many days before my employer should file the extension application.


    Thanks,
    Naidu

    You would be fine as long as they apply extension before I-94 expiry.

    This is my opinion not legal advice.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You would be fine as long as they apply extension before I-94 expiry.

      This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Hi Raghvi,

      Thanks for your valuable input. My Employer is planning to file extension in 3rd week of September. I came to know that it will take 3 to 4 weeks to receive the receipt which will cross my VISA and I94 expiry date (October 1st). Will it not cause any issue?

      Please provide your inputs on this.

      Thanks,
      Naidu

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by veeru505 View Post
        Hi Raghvi,

        Thanks for your valuable input. My Employer is planning to file extension in 3rd week of September. I came to know that it will take 3 to 4 weeks to receive the receipt which will cross my VISA and I94 expiry date (October 1st). Will it not cause any issue?

        Please provide your inputs on this.

        Thanks,
        Naidu
        It will cause issue only if the extension is eventually rejected. As then you would have to leave US immediately. If you want to avoid the anxiety , upgrade to premium.

        This is my opinion not legal advice.

        Comment

        {{modal[0].title}}

        X

        {{modal[0].content}}

        {{promo.content}}

        Working...
        X