Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer Questions - Please help

Hi everybody,

I need some guidance and suggestion to tackle a situation I am currently in. Appreciate for your time and feedback!

I am currently working for Employer A on H1B visa (H1B Started on Oct 2014) as a contractor for a Client. My project contract at current client ends on Feb 20th 2015. However my client would like to convert me as a full-time employee and are ready to sponsor my H1B Visa (Transfer). This transfer process will probably start in 2 week (by last week of January 2015)

* Question 1:
    I haven't notified my current Employer A about this yet. Should I inform my current employer now so they won't create any issues during the job verification or visa transfer process that will be done by Employer B (Current Client) or should I wait until Employer B files the LCA and initiates the Visa transfer process before informing my current Employer A?

I have a good relation with Employer A however I fear if I inform them before the actual visa transfer process starts and if things go wrong (being prepared for a negative outcome) they might revoke my visa and/or hold the last payment/payroll.

I also read somewhere in this forum that suggests to wait until the visa transfer application is approved rather than starting to work with Employer B as soon as the application is submitted and a receipt is generated.

* Question 2:
    Depending on the Visa transfer, if it gets denied I will have to go back to Employer A (assuming they won't revoke my visa by then) and on the other-hand if it gets approved I will start working for Employer B starting Feb 09 2015. Question is I am planning to go on a vacation in 2nd week of march 2015 for 15 days and would like to know if there will be any issues with visa stamping in India for both these scenarios?

* Question 3:
    Do I have to update the USCIS/DHS that I changed my employer to employer B (assuming the transfer is approved), not sure what this is called. If I am correct I think this process is called as 'Client Amendment' ? After H1B transfer do I still need to submit a client/employer amendment?

*Question 4:
    Employer B is one of the top fortune 100 companies. Should I get my stamping done in India or consider/plan for Canada?

Once again, thank you very much for reading and helping out a person in need

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X