X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query over H1 extension

Hello,
    I have a query and was seeking for some opinon/thoughts

I recent underwent extension on my HI which resulted with validity end date 05/01/2015 and same day my H1 will also max out(6 years) if I stay in US till end date.

My employer has initiated my GC process(EB3) and as per them my PERM is expected to be filed within next 45-60 days; considering this if I exit USA in 1st week of March 2015 by leaving approximately 7-8 weeks of unused period on current visa-
    1) Can I apply for yearly extension as soon as 1 year is completed from PERM filed date(regardless of PERM pending for approval with DOL)?
    2) Can I apply for 3 year extension as soon as I get my i140 Approval(regardless of completing 1 year from PERM filed date which is possible only if i140 is filed under Premium)?
    3) If answer to #1 and #2 above is YES then can we file for extension even when I am sitting in India and how does this process actually work?
    4) Would I be eligible for fresh filing of H1b next year during 2016 cycle?

In above situation if availing extensions is possible then what would be the least number of unused days required to benefit the option of extension and reentering USA?

In your opinion what could be the best option for me which can benefit me with entering USA at the earliest.

Thanks and appreciate your help here.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X