Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1 COS without US pay stubs and tax related documents

Hello All,

I am working for company A in US since August 2014.

My Indian payroll is continuing in India and I am on an allowance basis (say amount X per day) in US with company provided furnished accommodation, insurance, etc.

Company B has agreed to file H1B for me.

However, the document requirement sheet which Company B has forwarded states that I will need to provide Pay Stubs and Tax related documents for last three months.

I have the following questions related to this:

The following link which compares L1 and H1 visa clearly mentions that "L1 visa holder can be on the payroll of foreign company and be paid only the allowances in the US".

https://www.immihelp.com/l1-visa-h1b-visa-comparison/

Thus, my current company A is not doing any thing illegal.

However, I do not have any pay stubs for the allowance I get here. I also do not have any tax related documents in the US since its only been 7 months since I am here.

I am unsure if I will have any tax related documents before April 1 - which is the date to file H1B Petition.

Question 1: What will be the pay and tax related documents required in this case and valid in this case ?
    Question 2: Could anyone please provide a USCIS website link which clearly states the list of documents required for H1B filing if the petitioner is on a Foreign Payroll with allowance in USA or to the
    Question 3: Will my Indian Pay Stubs and Tax Return Documents work ?
    Question 4: My current company A has outsourced tax processing to PWC (Price Water Cooperhouse). Will they be able to provide any Tax related Documents before April 1 related to tax processing in US ? What should I ask them ?

Please let me know if I need to provide any other details about my case.

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X