Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Started working for new employer, H1-B not transfered by employer

Hi,

I shifted jobs and told my new employer to file my H1 but they took time and now i learnt that I am out of status as the H1B never got filed and I worked without authorization for about 9 days and have violated my I-94. The company has now realised their mistake and is now filing with premium processing and the company lawyer said that I might have to go to another country like canada or mexico to get a new I-94 form as i have a violation on the current one.

My questions are:

1) what should I do in this situation, will my H1B visa get approved and if it does can I still work for my current employer and get paid till i hear about my H1?

2) Also can I travel to mexico or canada and what is the guarantee that they will let me in obviously i will have a H1 visa in hand from the current employer before i do this but how safe is this and can this be done is there any other way and do I have to get out of this country to come back to get a new I-94?
    Cant i just wait for a month and schedule a appointment in india and get my H1 stamped there adn get a new I-94 on my way back?

please all u guys out there i really need help.

appreciate your patience,

littledream

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X