Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Case went to homeland security under review

Hi everyone,

I am new here and looking for some help. I am a Muslim from Pakistan. Here is my quick story.

I have a job in Los Angeles' company (working already remotely for 2yrs) and applied for h1b petition last year (2014). Petition approved, I was residing in Malaysia that time. When I went for interview, my visa for refused and the reason was that the company in LA doesn't have good financial situation. The officer probably sent the case back to CIS for revoking the petition.

So now this year April, the lawyer applied again with CIS for h1b petition. Instead of going through the 4 months review process, I got an update from CIS in just 14 days (to my surprise) and it was Reaffirmation of the original approval. This year, I am now living in Pakistan as I moved back here. so I applied with the reaffirmation letter in the Consulate here in Pakistan.

Even though my token # was 2nd from the sequence, I was called after 15 people who arrived later than me. Then my number was called on the very last counter which was just opened and he called me. The officer was kind enough to greet me and said unfortunately we won't be able to issue you the visa at this time. And the reason is your case is under review with Dept of homeland security. And we don't know how long they will take to give us the approval. Once we receive the approval from them, we will contact you back immediately. Thank you.

That is all he said and I left. I did confirm that I don't have to apply again for the interview and he said just wait for our call or email. We will contact you as soon as we hear back from the Dept of homeland security.

After 24 hours, in my force.com account where I submitted the appointment scheduling information, it shows status as "Your passport is still with embassy", even though he returned my passport and documents at the same time.

Questions

-> Is it normal? does it happen often with applicants?
    -> Is Dept of homeland security a completely different entity than USCIS ?
    -> Does it mean my records have anything wrong or doubtful activities?
    -> If anyone knows about this scenario, how long does it normally take to get an update from them?

any additional information you experts can advise, that would be great.

Thanks a lot

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X