Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 under additional admin processing, can I renew my L1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 under additional admin processing, can I renew my L1?

I had an L-1 that was given for an initial period of 1 year, even though the petition expiry date (PED) on the visa showed the full 3 year period. I used this L-1 and was in the USA for about 8 months and returned. This one-year visa expired a few months ago and I did not renew it.

In the mean while, I had applied for an H-1 from a different company and went to Chennai Consulate twice -- the first time they gave me a 221(g) asking for letter from client, etc. I took the requested documents the second time, but they had some question on the documents submitted. So, I was told that "additional administrative processing" is required for my case and asked to wait until they got back to me.

However, my current employer is compelling me to get the L-1 renewed (get stamping for the remaining 2 years on the petition) and travel to the USA.

Now, my questions are:
    1. Will there be any problem in getting this L-1 stamping (at Delhi) with the H-1 case still under additional admin processing? Will Delhi consulate say that since I have a case being processed at Chennai consulate, I should go there?
    2. If they issue the L-1, does the H-1 processing gets cancelled out? If not, what happens to my L-1 if at all Chennai consulate gets back to me saying that my H-1 case is through?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X