Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Queries regarding H1 and H4 Visas

Hi everyone,
    I am on OPT right now and will be working with a consultant very soon. Suppose the employer files my H1 papers in April( I think that is the best time, isn't it? ), I heard that you get the SRC number or something in a month or so. While going for stamping, I heard that I will have to take this document with me either to a US consulate in Canada or Mexico.
    The problem is I plan to get married by Feb' 07. So can I go for stamping in Jan' 07 ? I heard that 6 pay checks have to be shown to the Consulate Officer and since I'll be getting my paychecks bi-weekly i guess i'll be ok ( presuming that my H1 status begins in Oct' 06 and continues till Dec'06, which makes it, 3 months x 2 paychecks / month). Can I go for the stamping before Jan' 07 ?
    Another query was regarding H4 status for my to-be spouse. Will it be possible for her to come back with me after we get married in Feb' 07, taking into consideration that I get my Visa stamped by Jan' 07 ? Or is it better if she comes here on H1 itself, since i'll be trying to speak to my consultant about getting her one, because I heard that one cannot work on H4.
    If anyone could please answer my queries, i'd be most grateful. Thank you in advance.

P.S. Also, could anyone tell me, if i'll be taxed according to H1 or OPT from Oct' 06 ?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X