Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B visa - 221(g) administrative processing 2015

Hi,

I went to USA on H-4 dependent visa in March,2014. My H-4 visa was valid till 30th Sept,2014. My Employer had applied for my H1-B in April 2014 quota. FedEx tracking showed that the application had come back to the same state from where the application was posted. so my employer had sent one more packet. my packet got picked in the lottery and the USCIS considered the application as duplicate filing. But my employer had withdrawn one application and requested USCIS to consider another application as it was not intentional. USCIS had revoked one application and there was a query. After query was answered, the application was approved on 24th Sept, 2014. Employer received the approved petition on 29th Sept, 2014 without I-94.
    As my current H-4 visa is expiring, and for me to be on some status till we file change of status, we have filed H-4 extension on 30th Sept, 2014. My employer asked me to wait till my H-4 extension is approved. Due to delay in processing time, my H4 extension was still in processing. I came to India on april 22nd, 2015. I attended visa interview for H1-B on 28th April, 2015 and I showed them all the papers they asked me for, yet I received a white slip 221(g) which is in administrative processing. I received a call from US consulate on 22nd may asking me for contact information of the client which I had sent them. It was a verbal conversation that went between me and Consulate person. But there isn't any update regarding that on the CEAC site. I had even sent emails asking for acknowledgement. Now its been close to 3 months since I had attended my visa interview I haven't received any update from them.

My question is:
    As the processing times are unknown for 221 (g) administrative processing, how long should I wait?
    If I am not interested to wait for H1-B, can I go for H-4 stamping?
    If I go for H-4 stamping, what will happen to my H1-B application?
    In order to go for H-4 stamping, do I have to do anything with the H1-B application which is in administrative processing?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X