Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change of status denial and visa stamping Mumbai consulate

Hi all,

I have completed my maters in 2013 and then worked with my professor on a voluntary position for a couple of months. In 2014, I got placed in a MNC through a staffing firm and earlier this year(2015) my h1b application was filed at USCIS California center. My application got picked and I got an RFE, while replying back to my RFE my employer asked me to get a letter from my professor which stated the dates during which I had worked as an intern. My h1b application got approved but my change of status was denied. The reason stated in my approval notice was that USCIS thinks that my voluntary work was not legitimate and stated that I should go for stamping to get my h1b. It also stated that I could appeal against the decision which I did by filling a motion against it by providing a letter from my professor, the chairman of the dept and the dean all confirming that I was hired on a voluntary position. Now my employer has asked me to go for stamping to get my H1b. He is pretty confident that I will easily get the stamping done since I have all the documents to substantiate my claim. He also said that in case i get 221g he will fill an amendment to inquire why there is an hold up in processing my visa. Has any one ever heard about this option before ? I did an online search and all I could find related to amendment was that it is used to change your work location. Kindly let me know your thoughts.

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X