• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spelling error on my H1-B receipt notice

Hey Guys,

My name as per my passport is as given below:

SURNAME: BLANK
    GIVEN NAME: AJAY UNNIKRISHNAN

I got selected in the H1B lottery this year and the Form I-797C (H1B Receipt Notice) provided by my attorney has my name spelled out as below:

SURNAME: BLANK
    GIVEN NAME: AJA UNNIKRISHNAN

As you can see, they missed out the 4th letter from my given name. I pointed this out to my attorneys and they said it was an easy fix. It has been 2 months since they have applied for a name change and as per their latest update it may take an additional 1-2 months before I receive the corrected document. I already booked my tickets to India for 9th December, anticipating that I would have the corrected document by then.

My attorneys have agreed to provide me a letter explaining my situation to the US Embassy and assured me that the US Embassy would grant me the Visa and match the name on my passport, in the event that I do not receive the corrected document by my intended flight date.

QUESTION: Have any of you guys encountered any such problems in the past, if Yes, how did the interview go (OR) What is the best course of action you guys propose considering my situation?

Appreciate all the help guys.

Regards,
    Ajay

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X