H4 appt location question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 appt location question

I'm presently in the US on H1 and I'm planning to get married in June. My fiancee lives and works in Mumbai, whereas my hometown is Kolkata (where I had my H1 issued). Now, the situation is that the marriage will be held in Mumbai and the marriage certificate would reflect that. It so turns out that, with my limited vacation days at hand, having the marriage in Mumbai and the reception in Kolkata leaves only one option for her to travel back with me - that is, if she applies for the visa appt at Kolkata.

I was wondering what the chances are for her to be redirected to Mumbai? Other relevant facts - she is a bengali too with a typical bengali surname, her parents have a flat in Kolkata, and after marriage my home would become hers anyway! If at all this issue comes up, is it OK to make up a story that she left her job 4-5 months back and has started living in the Kolkata flat as she wanted to quit her job and have a good time at Kolkata before marriage.

Although I do understand the H4 doc requirements pretty well, something apparently minor like this unsettles me.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions/opinions and good luck to ya all!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X