Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b & H4 visa interview-hyderabad- 21st and 22nd dec 2015

Hello Guys,

Thanks a lot to the forum from where I got lots of guidance to get through the interview.

We went to an interview as family (Myself, Wife, 1.5 yrs kid)

Day1 - OFC- It was like cake walk

1) Arrive 15 mins prior to the appointment time. Going early doesn't help you out as they don't allow you inside.

Procedure after entering VAC premises:

1) DS-160 confirmation letter and passport details cross verification while you are standing in the queue.

PS: please be careful while filling DS-160 application and enter all correct details as it costs you about Rs. 250/- per form for edit and print out.

2) After details verification, they will generate barcode sticker and stick it on back of your passport. Then, token number will be generated and enter inside the OFC premises.

Photographs and finger prints will be taken. No questions for us during OFC process.

For kids, only digital photographs are required which can be shot at any digital photographer demanding for US visa photos.

The whole process took us around 30 mins as the queue was long. If you are going with infants, Please request the security as they are very courteous and send you inside directly.

Day2- Visa Interview.

Same as above arrive only 15 mins prior to your appointment time.

Procedure after entering consulate premises:

1) Passport with barcode sticker on backside , DS-160 confirmation letter verification.

2) Couple of security checks.

3) Then, sit in the queue, Consulate staff will verify your I-797 original notice and hand over the rights to know after entering US booklet

4) Finger print verification will be done inside the consulate, Then they will make you stand in the queue and send you to the corresponding counters.

Now our turn has come for interview:

Myself and wife: Good Morning Mam!!
    Vo: Smiled.

VO: Who is your employer?
    Me: YYYY

VO: your work experience?

VO: your salary in US?

VO: your highest qualification?

PS: Not even a single document has been verified.

Questions to my wife:

VO: Where do stay in US mam?
    Mywife: YYYY

VO: How many years have you been married?

VO: How many kids?

Then the golden words came from VO "Your visas are approved", Have a great day!!!

That's all, Our interview time was around 1 min. Process took us around 45 mins.

What I observed is like.

1) you should be very confident while answering the questions, Do not stammer.

2) Your employer should be genuine.

3) I guess if you do not have any RFE's from USCIS before approval of your petition then it can be an advantage. I am not sure but its only a guess because USCIS would never demand for an RFE if your employer is reputed and have genuine records.

4) Also, please note that even if your family is travelling separately, Attend the interview together for stamping as the extra questions can be avoided like
    why you have not attended interview with your husband, when you are travelling and also you can avoid some extra documentation like pay stubs, tax returns etc etc.

Best of luck guys!!!!
    Last edited by Ramesh1985; 01-12-2016, 12:28 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X