Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about application of H1 visa in parallel to change of status from L1 to L2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about application of H1 visa in parallel to change of status from L1 to L2

Hello All,

I need your help to plan my visa applications. I am currently on L1 visa and would like to change my visa status to L2 to join my spouse who is also working on L1. I am also planning to apply for H1B this year along with my spouse. I need your help to better understand questions related to following two scenarios:

1. If I initiate my L1->L2 visa change right now before applying for H1:
    A) Do you know the processing time of I-539 forms? Will it be processed before 31-Mar so that I can send correct visa details while applying for H1?
    b) If there is possibility of delays in visa status conversion, I will have to send L1 visa details while applying for H1. Will it be legally ok to have visa converted after sending out H1 documents?

2. If I initiate my L2 conversion after 01-Apr:
    a) Will it be legal to request for status change from L1->L2 after I applied for H1?
    b) If my visa status (L2) is processed after H1 approval, will it VOID my H1 visa automatically?
    c) As I know, validity of H1 visa starts from 01-Oct, so does it mean that my H1 will be valid on 01-Oct even though my L2 was processed after H1 approval?

Thanks,
    Nikunj

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X