Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

7th year H1B extension pending. I-140 approved. Company wants to file amendment.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 7th year H1B extension pending. I-140 approved. Company wants to file amendment.

Hello friends! Need your advice. Please advise what is the best option for me. My situation is as follows:

1. My 6 year H1-B term has expired. I am currently in the US and I-94 has expired too.
    2. H1-B extension, which is going to capture the time spent out of the USA and 1 year extra on account of approved PERM application, has been applied using regular process in September 2015 (6 months ago) and currently waiting for approval.
    3. Meanwhile my PERM application is approved and I-140 has been applied using premium processing option and I am hoping to get an approval in next 7 days.

My company was split few months ago and I went to the company with the new name. So my company wants to apply an amendment application for the new company name. I am tired of waiting for another 7-8 months for approval so I have asked my company to do the amendment application using premium processing option.

My first question is that my H1-B extension is still pending so at this moment I don’t have an approved H1-B petition. Can an amendment application still be filed for the pending H1-B petition?
    If so then can this amendment application also include extension request?
    If so then do you also think that the best option for me is to wait another 7 days for I-140 approval and include 3 year extension request with the premium process amendment application? If not then please advise what is the best option for me that is safe and will give me the longest H1-B term.
    Also what will happen to my original and pending H1-B extension application?

your help/advice is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X