No announcement yet.

H1B Stamped on Oct 2011, expired on 2014 (unused), require guidance on transfer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamped on Oct 2011, expired on 2014 (unused), require guidance on transfer

Hi,

I have an H1B visa stamped from an employer 'A' on Oct 2011, which expired on 2014 (stamped but remains unused, untravelled, did not work for company 'A') as the project got cancelled by a client. Therefore never worked for 'A' (directly or indirectly).

However, I have a valid B1 visitors visa and want to relocate and work in US and eventually find a job through an h1b employer who is willing to transfer my visa, which would allow my to stay close to my younger sister who needs my help and support (due to family health reasons) her for the next 4-5 years. Based on the following please clarify the following questions:

Can I get a cap-exempted h1b transfer with employer 'B', as I have about 1.5 years left until the end of Oct 2017 (for the 6 year cap). What happens after 6-year cap, if I am in the US ? Do I need to apply for a fresh h1b (lottery system) again after that time.

As I never used the first 4.5 years of the h1b visa, is there any way to claim the "unused time" and get an extension ?

Please help, greatly appreciate your suggestions!
    Thanks in advance.
    Deep
    Last edited by deepsea; 04-10-2016, 01:49 AM. Reason: rephrased the questions after reading a few FAQ. Please help! its urgent.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X