when to go for H4 stamping if H1 transfer is impending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when to go for H4 stamping if H1 transfer is impending

I am employed by Company A (on my 8th year of H1 currently) and have approved I 140. My most recent I797 approval notice from A is valid until Aug 2018. My H1B visa stamp on my passport has expired as of Sept 2015. Same hold true for my wife who has H4 visa. My wife is currently visiting India and will be back in the country in Aug.

My wife would need to get H4 visa stamped on her passport to return back to the US. She qualifies for dropbox submission currently for getting her H4 visa.

I want to switch employer and have an offer from employer B who is going to file premium H1 petition in 2 weeks from now.

When is a good time for my wife to get her H4 visa stamped in India?

1. Before employer B files a new H1B petition with USCIS and i am still employed with A.
    2. After employer B files and approves H1B petition, but when i am still employed with A but serving 15-day notice period.
    3. After employer B files and approves H1B petition, and i start employment with employer B.

Please advise considering ease of getting H4 visa and port of entry questioning on her return to the US.
    Last edited by jais_rohit; 05-27-2016, 03:22 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X