Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice on steps to change signature in passport, as I am waiting for visa stamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice on steps to change signature in passport, as I am waiting for visa stamp

My signature in passport is old and I use completely different signature since many years now. Presently I have been selected in the H1B lottery this year and waiting for visa stamping. Can you please advice on the next steps?
    I have created an affidavit with notary for change in appearance and signature, for which I had found a format in internet.
    Options:
    1> Keep the affidavit and passport as it is and whenever they ask just show the affidavit and do not take further actions.
    - Really do not know if it works or what risks involved in that.
    2> Use the affidavit and apply for re-issue of passport.
    i) Do not know how to change the passport details already provided by my employer to US while petition and where all the details needs to be updated.
    - Even if we can update details with the US by submission of forms(assuming some forms needs to be submitted for changed in passport), do not know how much time it might take and when I should apply for that(now or after getting new passport).
    - Also, does the complications cause rejection or any other adverse effects on H1B oppurtunity?
    ii) I just found out that I cannot apply re-issue of passport in tatkal, for change in signature. So, I am really worried now that how much time it gonna take if just apply for re-issue in normal speed. And should I hide the information from my employer about it?

Please advice next steps. Right now I am afraid to even discuss this with my employer and do not know what to do.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X