H1B 221g Administrative Processing - no client letter and project closed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B 221g Administrative Processing - no client letter and project closed

Please help if anybody came across this situation.

I came to India on vacation and need to get my H1B visa stamped in order to return back. I got 221g form at Mumbai consulate and am asked to provide end client letter. I was working in a project at client site through the project sub-vendor who had corp-to-corp contract with my employer. Unfortunately, the client project got terminated for some reason after I came to India. Consequently, my position in the project was also dismissed. I managed to get a letter from the sub-vendor and provided that to the consulate along with my client ID card. However, the consulate has responded back that they need letter from the end client without which they cannot process my application. I am unable to get the end client letter now due to closure of the project and my position. Further, there are no other projects with the same client where I can be placed. My employer is planning to position me at one of their client's project and get me a letter from them. However, I am unsure what this process would involve and how long it might take. I and my family are going through mental agony and stress due to the uncertainty. Any suggestion / advice / useful insights in this scenario or similar personal experiences would really help.

Thank you!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X