Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transferred Visa, I-797B consular approval, have valid I-94. Must leave US immediate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transferred Visa, I-797B consular approval, have valid I-94. Must leave US immediate?

Hi All,
    10 days after I came to US, I had to change employer (B), B filed for my H1B.

Received H1B approval, I-797B, it states:
    ---------------------------------------------
    The above petition has been approved for the classification requested. It has been determined that the named worker(s) is (are) not eligible for the requested extension of status. You will receive a separate notice explaining the reasons...

Since the worker(s) has (have) been found ineligible for an extension of stay, we have sent notification to the consulate shown above...

If a visa is issued, upon admission in this classification the worker will be authorized to be employed by petitioner for the authorized period.
    ---------------------------------------------

Stamping through which I entered US is valid till Dec-2016, so is my I-94.

(i) Am I required to immediately go to a consulate (or consulate referred in 797B) and get the stamping or can say till I-94 is valid?
    (ii) USCIS officer apparently saw my initial 10 days as out of status. Is it advisable to appeal that I wasn't out of status for the 10 days?

Thanks in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X