Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b to F1 and back to H1

Hello,

I got my H1B in 2014 with 3 years validity and I worked for an year on H1b when I planned to go for Masters.My H1b was valid till 2017. So I applied for COS from H1B to F1 and received it in 2-3 months. Now , I am currenlty on F1 and will be graduating in December 2016. As I am graduating in December 2016 ,I am looking for a full time job. I know that F1 students have the option of working on OPT till they get H1B approved.

I am also applying for OPT in case I do not get the job by the time I complete my graduation because I do not want to be out of ststus.

My question is:

1. Is my H1B of any help to me now. Will it be valid in any way.

2. Since I am on F1 , is it mandatory for me to apply for OPT . ( I am planning to apply for OPT in case I do not get job be Dec so that I do not get out of status)

3. If I get job on OPT, can I ask the employer to transfer the OPT to my H1B immediately.

4.If I get a job before graduation can my F1 be transferred to H1B .

5. If I apply for OPT by October end, and I get a job before graduation , can I cancel my OPT application and in this case will my visa be transferred from F1 to H1b (assuming my H1b is valid)

6.I read somewhere that I do not have to go through the lottery and entire H1b process. A transfer of visa would be required if my employer agrees to do. Is this true

PS: I know these are a lot of questions but any help will be really appreciated.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X