Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b extension approved and denied after couple of months

Hello,

To give you the back ground information, My original H1-B petition was filed on April 24th, 2012 (date received the by the USCIS) and approved on October 1, 2012. I got the initial H1B approval for 1 Year i.e until September 30, 2013.

My 1st extension was filed, and got the approval until September 30, 2016.

My 2nd extension was filed, and got the approval until September 30, 2019 in August, 2016 , but my employer received the NOIR (Notice of Intention to Revoke) after couple of months, that is on November, 2016, because my original petition was approved under the Masters quota, and my University is Private & for profit organization. I was not aware of this whole situation as my employer has not notified me. My Employer responded to the RFE on his own without my knowledge, and received the denial notice on January 19, 2017, and I am in out of status now.

But, I have a approved I-140. My wife is doing her practical training on OPT(F-1) status.

As per the new rules (Starting January 17, 2016), am i eligible for the I-140 EAD under the compelling circumstances since I have a family dependency?

Thanks

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X