H1B Starting Date and processing time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Starting Date and processing time

Hey there! I have a question on the H1B which I hope some of you can help me with, since I can't find the Information anywhere.

I just got an offer for a Job in the US last week which I accepted. My employer wanted me to start March 1. but after looking into the visa Situation he realized that that's not possible.
    He never employed a non-citizen before so he had no idea of the visa process. I was on a J1 for the past year but didn't have any idea about the work visa Situation either.
    Now I looked into it myself and did some research and I am very confused now. it Looks like the H1B is the only one I can apply for and I read that the process only starts April 1st for start of work in October.

So my quesions are:
    Is there actually no way to start ealier than October 1st? How likely is it that I will get an H1B at all, since it is a lottery and when will i know about that?
    I don't think they can or will keep the role open for me for six months, so if I can only start in October I'll loose the Job.
    I read that there's an Option for premium processing, would that do anything on the starting date or will it just Speed up the process?

I don't know what to do. Thanks for your help!!!!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X