Clear All

• H1B/H4 Visa Stamping: India vs Canada

Hello,

Current Status:

1) EVC Model

2) Current H1B/H4 Visa valid until: 01/30/2018

3) New employment start date: 01/30/2017

4) Previous H1B/H4 Expired: 09/30/3016

5) Visa Extension filed by previous employer was in process and meanwhile I switched to new (current) employer on 01/30/2017. My previous employer has withdrawn the pending H1B/H4 application.

6) Previous I-94 expired: 09/30/2016

7) New I-94 start date: 01/31/2017 until 01/30/2018

8) Since, I switched employer (visa transferred) while H1B/H4 visa extension was pending, new I-94 start date is on which visa transferred got approved (01/31/2017). So, there is a GAP of*4 months.

9) *I-140 approved by previous employer and wife has got H4-EAD.

10) I have done MS in US and worked on F1 OPT then H1B (5th year).

Questions:

I have to travel to India to attend wedding in my family in April. I recently switched to a new employer last month. So, I have to face visa stamping /interview while travelling. Based on current political scenario, I am a bit skeptical about successful visa stamping/interview in India. I heard news like drop box facility has been cancelled*and everyone has to go for visa interviews. Also, there can be a delay in visa processing and receiving passport.*I have few below questions:

1) Will*it be easier/smoother*to travel to Canada and get my visa stamped there, just to avoid process delays and get stuck in India due to some unknown administrative reasons (4 months gap in I-94)?

2) *I have successfully done my previous visa stamping in Canada in year 2013. Do you suggest visa stamping in Canada over India?

3) Will it be safe to travel to India during present political circumstances (H1B/H4 future possible orders) and face*POE questions?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X