Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got H1B - but facing problem of VISA Stamping

Hi,

I've taken the USMLE Step 1 and Step 2, and secured 99 percentile and then took my Visitor's VISA in India to appear for Clinical Skill examination (also known as Step 2 CS) at US. The VISA I got, is a one year multiple entry type. Got it during May 2005 which will expire on May 7th 2006. Meanwhile, I have also appeared for the Step 3 and appeared for Interviews and got selected in a Match and thus was able to get admission into a Community Hospital with a H1B VISA.

The processing will be completed by May 15th approximately and the program will be commencing from June 10th onwards. But the problem is that unless I get my H1B processing papers, I cannot apply for a VISA appointment in India. At present the VISA Status for getting an appointment is September 2006. Since my programme will be commencing from June 10th, I'm in a great confusion and not able to decide what to do. Please suggest me if there is any possiblity to continue my stay at US.A after May 7th because the minimum time period for H1B processing is 5-8 weeks. Please Help. I'm unable to find a way out of this.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X