H1 Extension in Lieu of Suspended Premium processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Extension in Lieu of Suspended Premium processing

Hello Everyone - I have a situation and anyone who can address these clarifications,appreciate very much.

1.My H1 B visa expires on 10/25/2017 and my six-year period maxes out by Sep 2018
    2.I have plans to go to India by September of this year and return by September month end.
    Now initially, I was planning based on my Perm filed date(Jan 2017), that I could get an approved I-140 (premium processing) latest by June 2017 and then apply H1 extension(premium) based on I -140 which would give me 3 years(probable) instead of the 1 year H1 extension
    But now, since H1 premium is cancelled, I was thinking about the 3 options below. Please let me know if they are even feasible.
    1.Wait for I-140 approval and then apply H1 extension probably by June/July. While H1 extension is in progress, I would travel to India and come back into US by September end. In this case, my I94 would be until 10/25.Essentially I would have only 3 weeks left on my visa when I return to US. Can we even travel out of the country when H1 extension is in progress?
    2.Apply for H1 extension by April and get the visa extended for 1 year without waiting for I 140 approval. With the current timelines, do you think I can have it approved before Sep 2017?
    3.Do not apply for H1 extension until I come back into US by Sep end. Will they even allow me at port of entry since I would not have a H1 extension in progress and my visa would be valid only for 3 more weeks at that point?
    Kindly give me your suggestion. I may not be able to change my plans to go to India since its critical.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X