Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B denial - Masters in IE & doing job as System Analyst...help

Guys,
    The consular officer in Calgary, Canada refused to stamp H1B on my passport for following reason
    Reason
    As per VO,my education & the job I am doing is not equivalent. My H1B has my job designation as System Analyst. I did my M.S in Industrial Engg. in CSU,Ohio.

Also, the officer said my H1b is approved in Sep 2004 & it is now March 2006. So it is just an attempt to stay in USA. I showed him my transcript which has a course -Information Technology & System, but he did not buy that. He said, I am not rejecting your application but I cannot give decision on it in my consular district & you have to apply it in your home country. He just stamped "Application Received'' on my passport gave me a letter of additional documents required where he wrote something illegible like ''Out of D **** et"

So I talked with one lawyer & he said I may try coming back to USA & convince immigration officer to give me entry for 5 days to wrap up things. But it did not work out & they issued me a refusal letter to enter in USA. Also, immigration officer said it does affect my case while applying for stamping in my home country. It is part of formality they have to perform if they refuse entrance in USA to someone.

Question-
    1.Can you please let me know if this is really true, I mean the refusal won't affect to my case if I apply here in India?
    2.Also, Can you tell me which document from my employer are needed to apply for interview here in Mumbai, ASAP.
    3. How to prove that my education matches my job field?

Also, any expert comment related to my situation is appreciated.

Looking forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Abhijeet.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X