Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1b Extension and Change of status H4 to H1B Need Help Urgent!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b Extension and Change of status H4 to H1B Need Help Urgent!

Currently I'm in US with H1b visa till August 10th 2017 and my employer is applying for my extension. For my husband we are applying H1b this year under change of status from H4 to H1b process. My husband is currently in India and planning to came back to US by March end (last week of march). Below are my questions

1) If my husband got RFE, is he advisable to travel india during June (after knowing h1b lottery result) and come back within a month?Will it cause any issue in change of status H4 to H1b process?

2) Whether I can apply my H1b extension along with my husband as dependent in premium processing? Will it override my husband status as he is applying for both COS H4 to H1b and also H4 extension (along with me)?

3) In case if his lottery didn't picks up( God sake it should not happen) and if I didn't apply my H1b extension under premium processing, when it is advisable for my husband to be in US? Like before Jun mid (something in term of month/minimum period before visa/I94 expiry). Keep in mind that both my visa & I94 expires on August 10th 2017 but my husband H4 visa and I94 expires on August 10th 2017 & August 20th 2017 and also my husband will be in US by March last week and may travel back to india after knowing lottery result (He need to be in india for 10 days).

4) Is it advisable to have my husband travel even by March 31st 2017 and land US by April 1st 2017? Keep in mind that he is applying from COS from H4 to H1B this year

5) Generally question, for this financial year USCIS will start receiving fresh H1b application on April 1st or April 3rd? Since April 1st is saturday for this financial year. My question is from which date USCIS will start receive fresh H1b applications for this financial year?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X