Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perm applied in 2011 - approved in 2017

Hi Immigration expert team,

I have MS from a reputed university in US, my first H1B was applied in 2006 & Max out date was January 2013. My PERM Labor was applied by my employer in July 2011, As there was no response to the application and I left the country (to India) before Max out date. In October 2014, my employer applied & got me a new approved H1B - same expired in Oct 2015. I have been in India & have not traveled back to US since my first max out date (2013) due to personal reasons. I recently received a notification from my employer that my PERM Labor is approved and I 140 has to be applied. As my personal things are in order, I would like explore travel back to US.

My Questions/doubts are:
    Does PERM Labor take 6+ years to get approved as its the case here? Is it possible to apply for I140 on the old process & go back on the second H1B (by extending) so that I get earlier priority dates? - In a case of I 140 through my old PERM, my marital status has changed - will I need any new documents to be provided for my Wife
    I am on a managerial role now, is it wise to convert my H1B to L1A (as my second H1B Expired) and start new process for PERM Green Card?
    Is it realistic to wait on immigration reform to favor direct Green Card for Advanced degree holders? - If/When this new law comes to effect, should I be in the country (by above means) to get the benefits? - Does this give green card to my wife as well or will she get a different immigration status?

Appreciate a response on my long question list

Thanks in advance
    Iyer

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X