Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Amendment and extension.

Hi,

I came back from USA a month back and now my organization has asked me to travel for a new assignment with a different client. They have processed my H1B visa amendment. But the catch is my visa is expiring on 17th August 2017. I have the following questions and would much appreciate if anyone can provide me with answers.

1) With premium processing being frozen from 3rd April, how long will it take for the amendment to come through?

2) Do I need to file for extension along with the amendment? I am currently in India and is it possible to file for extension from India?

3) I was told by my company's immigration team that if my amendment comes through and I travel to USA, I need to file for an extension between 210 and 90 days before the expiry of my visa. Is this a requirement for USCIS?

4) Will I be able to file for an extension if I have less than 90 days when I arrive in USA?

5) I was told by a friend that when we file for amendment, it is basically a new petition and USCIS will provide the expiry dates based on the project end duration and not as per the expiry date of the old petition? Is this correct Information?

6) Can there be a scenario where in the Amendment comes through after the expiry of the original petition? In such a scenario, do I need to go for a fresh visa stamping?

Kindly help answer these questions.

Thanks.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X