Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions wrt H1b renewal and new H4 visa

Hi all,
    My H1b stamping has expired as of feb 2006. I will be married(Register marriage) by the time I go for my appointment in jun/jul 06. I and my wife are from chennai. For h1b renewal I know I can book apt at any consulate in India. Having given my case, my questions are
    1. Can I also take my wife with me ? Does she need a separate appointment ? Will there a problem/s if she goes to other consulate (not chennai) for h4 visa stamping ?
    2. Assuming she gets her H4. She may not come to US until early next year. In the meanwhile can I apply for her H1 ? Assuming she gets her H1 also approved. Can she come into the US on H4 visa and start working without getting H1b stamped ? Will she have any trouble entering the US on h4 as her H1 is already approved. Or rather does she have to enter US only on H1 ?
    I am asking this question coz, I know a friend who has sponsored his would-be wife's h1b through a consultant. His wife is not able to get stamping at chennai consulate. She has already been asked to bring supporting documents twice. Now she is scared that her h1b visa will be rejected.

Looking forward for valuable comments from the experts.

Thank you for your precious time,
    RP

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X